Indicator 5: AT Communication
Effective AT Communication skills include the ability to talk, write, or otherwise communicate about your disability. With effective AT communication skills you can describe your AT needs and help other people understand how and why AT is used.
Breaking It Down
- Can I talk about my disability?
- Do I know how to describe my AT needs?
- Am I able to communicate with teachers or other professionals?
Video: Practicing Communication with Student Led Meetings
Have A Conversation with Your Case Manager And Parents
- In what areas can I improve my communication?
- What do I need to learn about my AT be more informed and talk about it clearly?
- How can I practice communicating my needs?
Think About Your Goal
- Skills for Independent Living: Parents Help Build Social Skills PACER Center brief with practical ideas on building communication and social skills.