Indicator 6: AT Self Evaluation
AT Self evaluation means knowing how to evaluate my personal performance when using AT and I can make adjustments in AT use in order to improve performance.
Breaking It Down
- How do I select AT that helps me?
- Do I understand how my AT helps me academically?
- What adjustments could I make with my AT to improve or maximize it’s use?
Video: An Introduction to Using AT
Have A Conversation with Your Case Manager And Parents
- Can we discuss how my AT is working in the IEP meeting?
- What do I need to learn about operating my AT?
- Is there any new AT I should try?
Think About Your Goal
- Toolkit for Transition – A way to measure and evaluate your Assistive Technology skills in a variety of categories. Developed by Nichole Krier.
- Use AT – Module 5 of the Punch-In Employment Course to learn about assistive technology options available.
- Video: 5 Myths of About Assistive Technology – A video from Understood.org dispelling common myths about AT.