Indicator 7: Strategic Use of AT
Strategic use of AT includes knowledge of how to use a variety of AT solutions from low-tech to high tech and the ability to independently choose an effective AT solution in a variety of academic, social, and independent living situations.
Breaking It Down
- What technology do I use most often to get work done?
- What technology am I comfortable using?
- Does the technology I chose work most often?
Article: Understanding Accessible and Assistive Technology
Have A Conversation with Your Case Manager And Parents
- Do you see a time when I could be using tech more?
- How can I learn about other tools which can help support me?
- Could you support me in using technology in the following situations? (e.g. peer groups, live in class)
Think About Your Goal
- Toolkit for Transition – A way to measure and evaluate your Assistive Technology skills in a variety of categories. Developed by Nichole Krier.
- Creative Technology for Inclusion and Engagement – A webinar by Center for Technology and Disability
- A Brief Introduction to the Concept of “App Smashing” – Greg Kulowiec, Ed Tech Teacher.
- 5 Technology Tools That Are Making A Difference – Simplified breakdown of knowledge with examples of AT from Alvernia University